If you’ve never been to church before, or haven’t been for a while, we understand that it can be a bit daunting. We want you to feel right at home — even before you arrive! Below, we’ve tried to put you at ease by answering some of the more common questions.
When Are Your Services?
On the first Sunday of the month, our schedule normally look like this:
- 10:45am : Service of Holy Communion
- 12am : Tea, Coffee + Refreshments in the Church Hall
On other Sundays, things looks like this:
- 9:45am : First Service – Traditional Format
- 10:30am : Tea, Coffee + Refreshments in the Church Hall
- 11:15am : Second Service – Contemporary Format
Are There Refreshments?
We wouldn’t want it any other way! 😀 See the service schedule above. If you come along to our 10:45am communion service (first Sunday of the month) or our traditional service (9:45am on other Sundays), there’s a relaxed time for tea, coffee and chatting to folks after each service. We often have biscuits and sometimes cake too!
If you’re aiming for our 11:15am service, why not come early and join us for tea/coffee from 10:30am onwards?
Where Do I Sit?
You can sit pretty much where you like. There is no reserved seating in our church, and if you want to initially keep a low profile and sit near the back, that’s just fine. If you’re very enthusiastic, don’t want to miss anything and sit on the front row, we’re totally OK with that too!
Hard of hearing? For those who use a hearing aid, we have a loop amplifier installed as part of the PA system. Just switch your hearing aid to the “T” position to connect to the loop. Some people find that they get a better signal near the middle of the auditorium. Others insist that they get a better signal round the edge of the seating area. Just go with what works for you.
Is There Anything for the Children?
Yes, absolutely! Godzone is what we call our children’s groups. Godzone is available during our 10:45am communion services (first Sunday of the month) or during our 11:15am Contemporary Worship services. Our children’s groups look like this:
- Crèche – The crèche is for 0-3’s and is located upstairs in our back hall (the “Garage Annexe”). It’s run by experienced leaders , at least one of whom will have been DBS checked. Drink and plain biscuits are provided. You are welcome to stay with your child, or you can return to the service once he/she is settled, as long as we have enough adults available.
- Scramblers – For 3-5 year olds, approximately. (Individual child’s needs are taken into account when it’s time to move on).
- Explorers – For 6-11 year olds.
- Quest – for 11-16’s.
In all our groups, we try to ensure that children enjoy learning about God, Jesus and the Bible, with stories, games, craft, and drama. Each group has a teacher (DBS checked) and a helper. Every child is registered and we keep a record of allergies, special needs, etc., so as to ensure that your child is well cared for.
- How long are they?
- What is your style of worship?
- What is typical attire?